2014年7月18日星期五

It's time

It was a rainy night, no sound could be heard but the rain and thunder, just as the day when my grandmother passed away. That year, I was six.


The next day, my mom would go to take part in my grandmother's  funeral procession. The whole day she gathered her energy. During  dinner, everybody was talking about tomorrow's arrangements.Out of nowhere ,she stood up and  said she need to go to sleep early .  I was just thinking  how great my mother was, holding back such feelings, until I carelessly caught sight of her.
Sprawled in front of the table , her face pale, with her hair carelessly falling back over her shoulders.  Observing carefully, I saw for the first time  that there was grey hair  in  her beautiful black hair. She tried to fall sleep early that night  , but she was just couldn't. She held a pencil on her right hand ,writing something on paper, looking up to the direction of my grandmother's room from time to time.

Suddenly,  I knew everything! She merely pretended  to look strong during the day to ease my family's anxiety about her. Actually, nothing on earth could pull my grandmother away from her mind and it was totally impossible for her to keep focus on the important stuff like making preparations  for tomorrow's funeral. Obviously, she was lost in deep sorrow . More accurately, her heart was gone with my grandmother.
My mother always said I need to act like a strong girl.It was during this experience the my mother's ideas of those words moved from my head to my heart. "Maybe it's time." I murmured to myself. My mother was strong on the surface,but it seemed like there was something soft buried just beneath .  I knew it was time for me  to step forward and  back her  up .

没有评论:

发表评论