2014年8月5日星期二

I'll see you soon, then.

Six weeks have passed.
Reviewing the blogs I wrote and the days we had together, suddenly, words like "how time flies" seems almost unnecessary. Because every detail of life here is so delightful.



Have you remembered the first day?The name matching game?
Today, if I just speak out your name, don't be strange. I just want to call out your name once again and  deeply make mental notes of them.



Have you remembered every morning we spent with Carrie? Still remembered what was it like when we got up at 8:50?
Don't need to try eating one more piece of the little sausage before  leaving the dining hall. We don't have class today! And remember not to rush out from your  house in China, yelling "OMG!I'll be late for Carrie's class!"


Have you remembered  the stars and moon we saw on Tuesday night?
It's a full moon tonight, which makes me think of you. Because I know that no matter where I am, this moon will be the same size as yours, though a long distance away.


I've imagined what life will  look like when returning home. The things will settle back into their traditional rhythms season after season. And are much as they have always been. The  friends we met here will gradually be strangers again as if  we have never chatted or had class with each other. Only the time we spent together here will  be deposited and treasured  in our memory forever.



Time,
Time to finally come back home,
Time to share wonderful things with family,
Time to say goodbye.
The problem with time, I've learned whether it's the first time to know your name or those six weeks I got to spend with you or the farewell party .
Eventually, time always runs out.
I'll have no idea about most of you , where you are out there in the world.

No matter how many years go by, I know one thing is true as it always was, "I'LL SEE YOU SOON , THEN."

Maybe someday in the distant future, we could bump into each other on our trail to dream, smile into each other's eyes and say "You look familiar, where did I see you?"


1 条评论:

  1. Dearest Melissa, It has been a great great pleasure to have you in class this summer. From the first day, when you were kind enough to thank me, to this last day, when I hugged you good bye, I have treasured every moment you have been my student. I wish you everything the world has to offer and I particularly hope to see you again...perhaps in Beijing? I hope you keep in touch so I can read of your continued happiness and success. My forever best, Carrie

    回复删除