2014年8月5日星期二

Get back on my track--------The Taste of China

  When I caught sight of  “Taste of China”, I just screamed. It was the perfect  place and it is where I had lunch with Dear Carrie, Monica and Joy today. 
Approaching it, my eyes were mesmerized by the decorated red lanterns and paper-cuts. The feeling of home and family was suddenly rising and burning  in my mind.  So strong that I  nearly burst into tears.  I had to say, in all the years living in China, I never had such a feeling toward the Chinese food before. In all, the food in China was full of repeated rhythms and patterns so that I almost neglected its beauty and tasty flavor . 

It was a shock how quickly you have to move to a new place before you realize what you are missing.  Luckily, compared with my friends,  I thought I was quite used to the food here. One thing to mention, when  my friends  complain about the food, I savor it delightfully with a good appetite. Fresh vegetables, fruits, and yogurts are all my dishes. But when it comes to Chinese food, nothing seems to matter any more. And everyone seemed to see the opening today.

When I finally saw the dishes we ordered, my eyes widened just like the feeling  the lion king Simba had when he saw the spectacular view of his hometown again.
 All the food was delicately placed and served in pure white china dishes. Carrie watched them just like people appreciated the precious collections in the art gallery. She finally decided to try them which in her words is "to destroy its perfection and beauty". The way she wiped her hands and the forks was just like what the  pilgrim did before paying respect for Buddha.  She mulled the first piece over and over again. The fragrance just soundlessly slipped out.


I suddenly realized that each time I enter a new world or lose something, I always gain some new awareness of the beauty and deeper meanings of what I previously have, sensing its uniqueness and perfection in some ways. Just as someone famous once said, "Pain comes from Comparing". However, what I'd like  to say is that  it is when comparing the new and the old that you find where your heart really belongs . You will be particularly  pleased by it when coming back to the old again. If we cannot go back any more,  such memory you treasure forever  is  enough.

For the food, I  AM LUCKY!  I can come back!
But for others, who knows, I hope so.





没有评论:

发表评论